SecurityPeople strive to protect what is valuable to them. When it comes to your children, we all know that they are priceless; therefore, the Children's Ministry at LCC is committed to having a safe environment for your children.
Check-In/Out SystemWe use an electronic check-in/out system for our programs and events here at LCC. The premise is simple: you check-in your child via a laptop and you get 2 labels (one for you, one for your child); when picking up your child, you present your label, we match it with your child’s label, and you both go home.
If your child has not been to LCC, then you will need to create a new account for them. The best way to do this is from the comfort of your own home (if you don't, then you'll have to fill out all the information at church). To create an account, click HERE. You will be taken to a website where you can add your child to our database. Unless the form specifically asks for parental information, please fill out all the information for your child.
Once Your Child Has An Account
After you have made an account for your child, the process is quite simple:
1) When you get to the check-in station at LCC, you will type in your child’s name** on one of the laptops and then click ‘Go’.
2) On the next screen, click the box next to the name of your child and click ‘Sign-in’.
3) A print box will pop up; click ‘Print’. Then click ‘Return to Sign-in’ and grab your labels.
4) Two labels will print out. One label is for you to keep; you MUST have this label to pick your child up. The other label you need to stick on your child’s shirt.
** NOTE: If you have more than one elementary child with the same last name, just type in their last name and click ‘Go’. You will then be able to check-in all of your elementary children at one time.
To help make your first visit to LCC easier, here is a step-by-step rundown of how you will check-in/out your child for each of our programs:
Sunday School (Sundays at 9:15am)
Check-in: You will check-in your child in the east/west hallway that is right before you get to the elementary Sunday School rooms. You CANNOT just send your child down to their rooms; YOU must walk with them so that you can check them in.
Check-out: If your child is staying for Kids Church, you will just wait to pick them up after Kids Church is over. If your child is not staying for Kids Church, you will pick them up in the auditorium in between 1st and 2nd service; please do not try to pick them up from their Sunday School room. Use the west auditorium doors, making sure you stay on the south side of the rope (there are signs showing you which way to enter). You will present your label (the one you kept from checking-in your child) to one of our volunteers (they’ll be wearing a name tag), who will then call out your child’s name. Your child will then come to the door; please do not try to go get your child. The volunteer will then make sure your label matches your child’s label, and then you’ll exit back on the south side of the rope.
Kids Church (Sundays at 10:45am)
Check-in: If your child attended Sunday School, you do not need to do anything. If your child did not, YOU will need to check them in using the west auditorium doors, making sure to stay on the north side of rope.
Check-out: When Kids Church is over, we will open the west doors to the auditorium. You will enter on the north side of the rope, present your label to one of our volunteers, who will then call out your child’s name. Your child will come over to you; again, please do not try to go get your child. The volunteer will then make sure your label matches your child’s label. Then you’ll exit on the south side of the rope.
Kids Alive (Wednesdays at 6:30pm)
Check-in: Same as check-in for Kids Church.
Check-out: Same as check-out for Kids Church.
Here are a few final thoughts about our check-in system:
* YOU must check your child in every week; they are not allowed to do it themselves. This is very important!
* Anyone can pick up your child (even if they didn’t check them in), AS LONG AS they have the matching label for your child (Ex: you check your child in, give the matching label to your spouse, they pick up your child).
* Check-in will begin 15 minutes prior to the start time of the program.
* NO ONE, including parents, will be allowed past the check-in/out table in the auditorium; this will enable us to make sure your kids are safe from non-approved people in the room.
* Picking up your child before a program is over is not allowed unless given prior permission.